Overall pretty good. Be sure to watch the squash, though. I think mine overcooked a little bit.
Stewed Butternut Squash
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 83
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.0g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 17.8g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Calcium: 61mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light stick butter
- 1 1/4 cups chopped sweet onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup water
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and cook 5 minutes or until tender and golden. Add squash and remaining 4 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
Note: Microwave the whole butternut squash about 1 minute on HIGH so that it's softer and easier to cut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This