- 1 1/2 tablespoons light stick butter
- 1 1/4 cups chopped sweet onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup water
- calories 83
- fat 1.7 g
- satfat 1.0 g
- protein 1.7 g
- carbohydrate 17.8 g
- fiber 4.1 g
- cholesterol 5 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 220 mg
- calcium 61 mg
How to Make It
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and cook 5 minutes or until tender and golden. Add squash and remaining 4 ingredients.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
Microwave the whole butternut squash about 1 minute on HIGH so that it's softer and easier to cut.