Stew of Yellow Finn Potatoes, Cèpes, and Squash
- 1/2 cup dried cèpes*
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup peeled and diced Yellow Finn potato (or Yukon Gold potato)
- 1 cup peeled and diced butternut squash
- 1 cup vegetable broth, warmed
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Soak cèpes in hot water about 1 hour or until soft. Pour through a wire-mesh strainer, and discard any hard stems. Press ce@Spes between layers of paper towels and coarsely chop.
- Saute shallots, garlic, and thyme in hot oil in a large skillet 1 minute. Add cèpes, potato, and squash, and saute 1 minute. Stir in broth, cream, salt, and pepper; simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- *Note: Cèpes are also called porcini mushrooms.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews