Steve's Celery Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) Oil or butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large baking potato, cut in 1/2-inch dice to yield 2 cups
- 10 stalks celery, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch dice to yield 6 cups
- 1 small bulb fennel, trimmed, core and chopped
- 5 cups reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (optional) or table salt to taste
- 1 large pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
- Celery leaves for garnish
- ) Place oil or butter in a soup pot. Add onion and cook over medium heat until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 2. 2) Add potatoes, celery and fennel (if using). Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3. 3) Puree soup in batches using a blender or food processor.
- 4. 4) Return to a clean pot. Add pepper and celery or table salt. Stir in cream if using. Bring soup to a simmer and keep warm over low heat until ready to serve. Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Steve's Celery Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews