Cooked on the grill. Super easy and a wonderful flavor. Served with Grilled Sesame Tofu Skewers with Peanut Sauce, Pad Thai and Green Beans Tossed with Miso Walnut Sauce.
Stellar Sesame Shrimp with Miso Dipping Sauce
The shrimp are best prepared the day of the party and refrigerated up to eight hours. Make the miso dipping sauce up to three days in advance, and chill. Kosher salt gives an added crunch to the shrimp.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 61
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 5.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 159mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 1/4 cup orange-pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon red miso (soybean paste)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 24 unpeeled large shrimp (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Combine shrimp, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl; toss gently. Place shrimp on a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 450° for 7 minutes or until shrimp are done. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Stellar Sesame Shrimp with Miso Dipping Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers