Steel-Cut Oats With Apples and Pecans
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 apples, cored and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup(s) almond milk
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) cinnamon, ground
- 4.5 teaspoon(s) maple syrup, organic, honey, or agave nectar
- 1/3 cup(s) nuts, pecans, toasted, or walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup(s) oats, steel cut, quick-cooking
- In a medium saucepan, combine the almond milk, 1 cup water, and the oats. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- While the oatmeal is cooking, in a small saucepan, place the apples, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of the maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon of water. Cook over medium heat until the apples are softened and the liquid has reduced to a syrupy consistency 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the pecans and cover to keep warm.
- Stir the apples and nuts into the cooked and rested oatmeal. Divide among four bowls. Drizzle 1 teaspoon maple syrup over each dish and serve
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mlleodile and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note