Resistant starch: 2 grams
Health APRIL 2011
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Over high heat in a medium saucepan, bring oatmeal and milk to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until oatmeal is cooked but not mushy, 7-8 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and distribute among four 6-ounce ramekins, arranged on a rimmed baking sheet.
4. Combine sugar and salt, and sprinkle evenly on top of ramekins. Place ramekins in oven for 3-4 minutes, until sugar is melted.
5. Remove from oven and turn oven to broil. Broil ramekins until sugar is browned and bubbly, watching carefully that they don’t burn, 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, and top each oatmeal brûlée with 1 tablespoon of whipped cream and 1 tablespoon fresh berries.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Go to Full Version of