Steel-Cut Oatmeal with Salted Caramel Topping
More From Health
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Sugars: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 229mg
- 1 cup uncooked instant steel-cut oats
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Over high heat in a medium saucepan, bring oatmeal and milk to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until oatmeal is cooked but not mushy, 7-8 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat and distribute among four 6-ounce ramekins, arranged on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 4. Combine sugar and salt, and sprinkle evenly on top of ramekins. Place ramekins in oven for 3-4 minutes, until sugar is melted.
- 5. Remove from oven and turn oven to broil. Broil ramekins until sugar is browned and bubbly, watching carefully that they don’t burn, 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Remove from oven, and top each oatmeal brûlée with 1 tablespoon of whipped cream and 1 tablespoon fresh berries.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note