I actually grill the veggies and then toss them in the parsley mix just before serving. It is easy to change up the veggies a bit too - I add some onion slices and mushrooms. Peppers would be good too.
Steamed Zucchini with Herb Sauce
If you can find an heirloom zucchini called Costata Romanesca, you're in for a treat. It's a delicious, dense zucchini distinguished from the usual garden variety by raised ribs that run the length of its body. When cut crosswise, it makes a pretty scalloped slice. Otherwise, use standard zucchini. A bright parsley-caper sauce adds a fresh, slightly salty note to this simple steamed vegetable.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 65
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 9.6g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 233mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 pounds)
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Steam zucchini, covered, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add to parsley mixture in bowl; toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note