Steamed Wasabi Salmon with Ponzu Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 31.6g
- Carbohydrate: 4.2g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 504mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) center-cut salmon fillet, skinned
- 4 napa (Chinese) cabbage leaves
- Thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves; set aside.
- 2. Combine vinegar and wasabi in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Spread wasabi mixture evenly over top of salmon.
- 3. Line a bamboo steamer with cabbage leaves. Place salmon, wasabi side up, over cabbage in steamer basket; cover with steamer lid.
- 4. Add water to a large skillet to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a boil. Place steamer in pan; steam salmon 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when test with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove salmon from steamer; discard cabbage. Serve salmon with sauce; sprinkle with onions, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes