- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) center-cut salmon fillet, skinned
- 4 napa (Chinese) cabbage leaves
- Thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- calories 254
- caloriesfromfat 38 %
- fat 10.7 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 2.5 g
- protein 31.6 g
- carbohydrate 4.2 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- cholesterol 80 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 504 mg
- calcium 18 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves; set aside.
Combine vinegar and wasabi in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Spread wasabi mixture evenly over top of salmon.
Line a bamboo steamer with cabbage leaves. Place salmon, wasabi side up, over cabbage in steamer basket; cover with steamer lid.
Add water to a large skillet to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a boil. Place steamer in pan; steam salmon 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when test with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove salmon from steamer; discard cabbage. Serve salmon with sauce; sprinkle with onions, if desired.