My husband and I have been regularly (at least once a month) using this receipe for more than a year now, and it is a favorite. Nice enough to serve company. Fish is so tender and juicy. We serve this with rice and a green veggie, like broccoli. When I saw that only 3 people had rated this one, I had to write in. A definite 5 Star.
Steamed Trout with Chive-Tarragon Butter
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 358
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 58.4g
- Carbohydrate: 0.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 143mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 436mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (8-ounce) dressed whole trout fillets
- 4 lemon wedges
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut 4 (15 x 24-inch) pieces of parchment paper. Fold in half crosswise. Draw a large heart half on each piece, with the fold of the paper being the center of the heart. Cut out the heart, and open. Place 1 fillet near the fold of each piece of parchment. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge over each fillet. Brush butter mixture evenly over fillets; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Starting at the top of the heart, fold edges of parchment, sealing edges with narrow folds. Twist the end tip to secure tightly. Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes. Place on plates; cut open. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note