Steamed Snapper with Mushrooms
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 (6-ounce) yellowtail snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons 3/4-inch-long matchstick-cut fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut mushrooms into thin slices.
- Line 2 (10-inch) bamboo steamer sections with parchment paper. Place 2 bok choy halves on each paper. Lay a fillet over each pair of bok choy. Sprinkle evenly with ginger; top with mushrooms. Stack steamer sections, and cover with bamboo lid.
- Bring to a boil just enough water to submerge bottom rim of steamer in a large, deep-sided skillet. Steam fish 10 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat oils together in a small saucepan over low heat. Transfer cooked fish and vegetables on parchment to serving plates. Drizzle with hot oil mixture, and sprinkle with green onions and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes