Steamed Sesame Dumplings
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 ounces ground round
- 4 ounces ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups finely shredded napa cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 36 won ton wrappers
- Citrus Dipping Sauce
- Sauté garlic and ginger in hot oil in a large skillet 2 minutes; add ground round and pork, and cook until meat is no longer pink, stirring until it crumbles. Drain and add crushed red pepper, salt, and soy sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 more minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cabbage, green onions, and sesame seeds; cool.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon cabbage mixture in center of each won ton wrapper. Moisten won ton edges with water. Bring 2 opposite corners up, forming a triangle, but not sealing edges. Beginning at 1 corner, gather and pinch open dough until filling is enclosed.
- Place dumplings 1/2 inch apart in a lightly greased steamer basket. Place over boiling water; cover and steam 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Serve with Citrus Dipping Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note