Steamed Sesame-Cod Cabbage Rolls
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or sherry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) cod fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1/4 cups finely shredded carrot
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 8 large savoy cabbage leaves, center ribs removed
- 6 thin slices fresh ginger
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Place fish in a plastic zip-top bag; add 1/4 cup soy mixture, and seal bag. Marinate at room temperature 20 minutes, turning bag occasionally. Toss carrot and green onions with 2 tablespoons soy mixture; set remaining mixture aside.
- Rinse cabbage under cold water. Place wet leaves in a medium microwavable bowl; cover and vent. Microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until leaves are pliable. Drain leaves, and cool slightly.
- Place 4 cabbage leaves on work surface. Spoon 2 tablespoons carrot mixture into center of each leaf. Remove fish from bag, discarding liquid. Place a fillet over carrot mixture; top each fillet with 2 more tablespoons carrot mixture. Top with remaining 4 cabbage leaves, and wrap tightly into bundles. Tie with string.
- Fill a Dutch oven with water to the depth of 1 inch. Add ginger and mint to water; place steamer basket over water. Bring water to a simmer. Place bundles in steamer basket; cover and steam 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove bundles, and let stand 1 minute; transfer to serving plates, and remove string. Spoon remaining soy mixture evenly over bundles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This