Steamed Pumpkin-Cornmeal Pudding
Notes: Serve this moist steamed pudding with sweetened whipped cream flavored to taste with rum.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 458
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 4.6g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 67g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 370mg
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (3/8 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup cup rum
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. In a bowl, mix flour with cornmeal, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- 2. In another bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin, rum, lemon peel, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until well incorporated.
- 3. Scrape batter into a buttered 8- to 9-cup bundt pan and set in a 12- by 17-inch baking pan. Place on bottom rack of a 350° regular or convection oven. Carefully pour boiling water around bundt pan almost to the level of pudding. Cover entire baking pan tightly with foil.
- 4. Bake until the pudding feels firm to the touch and a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert over a plate to unmold. Serve warm, or let cool completely and cover loosely until serving. Reheat in a 350° regular or convection oven until warm, about 10 minutes. To serve, slice into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Steamed Pumpkin-Cornmeal Pudding Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts