- 2 dozen unshucked oysters
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Melted butter
- Cocktail sauce
- Scrub and rinse oysters thoroughly in cold water; drain.
- Pour water into a large stockpot with a steaming basket to come 2 inches below basket. Add salt; bring to a boil.
- Place oysters in basket; cover and steam 10 minutes or until shells open. Drain.
- Using an oyster knife, remove top shell and loosen oyster meat. Place oysters on the half shell on a large serving platter. Serve with melted butter or cocktail sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers