Steamed Mussels With Herbs
Serve with crusty bread to dip into the flavorful broth.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds fresh mussels
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Scrub mussels thoroughly with a scrub brush, removing beards. Discard any opened shells.
- 2. Sauté garlic and shallots in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in wine and mustard; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and salt, and bring to a boil. Add mussels. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until all mussels have opened. Remove from heat. Stir in basil and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes