- Cocktail sauce:
- 1/4 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Chive butter:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 24 littleneck clams
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- calories 196
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- fat 6.9 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 1.6 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 22.5 g
- carbohydrate 9.6 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- cholesterol 65 mg
- iron 14.9 mg
- sodium 699 mg
- calcium 66 mg
How to Make It
To prepare cocktail sauce, combine chili sauce, juice, dill, and horseradish in a small bowl.
To prepare chive butter, combine butter and chives in a small bowl; cover and keep warm.
To prepare shellfish, place wine and Old Bay in a large Dutch oven; set a large vegetable steamer in pan. Bring wine mixture to a boil over high heat.
Add clams to steamer. Steam clams, covered, for 8 minutes. Add mussels to steamer. Steam mussels and clams, covered, for 8 minutes or until clam and mussel shells open. Discard any unopened shells, and discard wine mixture. Serve shellfish immediately with sauces.