Discard any mussels that are open and won't closed when tapped. Remove any hanging beards and rinse mussels under the tap. For any mussels that are unopened after cooking, microwave 30 seconds. Serve with crusty bread.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 pound(s) mussels
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 6 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 pinch(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 cup(s) white wine
- 3 sprig(s) fresh thyme
- 2 sprig(s) rosemary
- 2 whole(s) bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh chives minced
- With rack in lowest position, pre-heat oven to 500.
- In large roasting pan, heat oil, garlic and pepper flakes until fragrant. Add wine and herbs. Bring to boil. Cook until wine slightly reduces (1 min).
- Add mussels and salt. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 15-18 min, until most mussels have opened.
- Push mussels from center and whisk in butter. Remove hard herbs and sprinkle with parsley and chives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Oddity123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Steamed Mussels Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers