I made this with tilapia and it was absolutely delicious. I wouldn't necessarily classify this as a quick and easy recipe--the sauce prep took me about 20 minutes with all the herb cleaning, drying, chopping, etc. Since the rice part only called for half the can of coconut milk, I made Cooking Light's delicious Mango-Coconut Rice Pudding with the other half.
Steamed Halibut with Sesame-Lime Sauce and Coconut Rice
Steamed halibut has a clean, mild flavor that complements this pungent sauce. We used a bamboo steamer set over simmering water to steam the fish. It's helpful to lightly coat the bamboo with cooking spray before adding the fish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 293
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 36.1g
- Carbohydrate: 18.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 576mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup basmati rice
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
- 2. Combine 1 cup water, rice, coconut milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- 3. Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Steam fish, covered, 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place 1/2 cup rice on each of 4 plates; top with 1 fillet. Drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note