Really tasty and comes together quickly. I used cherry tomato halves because that was what I had and I didn't seed them. Also used 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme in place of fresh.
Steamed Green Beans with Tomato-Garlic Vinaigrette
The heady, tangy vinaigrette complements the crisp, sweet green beans. Use a garlic press, if you have one, to crush the garlic for this summery dressing; a press crushes garlic into small pieces, encouraging good-for-you compounds to develop.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 73
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Carbohydrate: 9.8g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 162mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup seeded chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; slowly add oil, whisking to combine. Stir in tomato and thyme; let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Steam beans, covered, 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cut into 2-inch pieces; add to tomato mixture, tossing gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note