Steamed Green Beans with Cracked Pepper and Chèvre
The combination of tender, sweet green beans and the tartness of chèvre makes this side dish a nice complement to most main dishes. And it adds color to the plate.
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces chèvre (goat cheese), crumbled (about 1/2 cup crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1. Cook green beans in boiling salted water 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop cooking process; drain.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add olive oil. Sauté green beans and garlic 5 minutes. Add sea salt and pepper. Sprinkle chèvre and chives on top, and serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note