So simple and yet so good. You can use steam in bag fresh green beans and just under do them by a couple minutes. I used fresh and cooked the in a hot pan with 1/2 cup water let to evaporate and then some sauteeing. But the sauce! Almost wanted to skip my grilled steak and just eat the green beans. I let people add sauce to their own servings so had leftover sauce. Also good on a crisp romaine salad.
Steamed Green Beans with Lemon-Mint Dressing
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 84
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 155mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Steam green beans 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Combine mint and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and stir with a whisk. Add green beans to bowl, and toss to coat.
- Red Pepper and Pesto SERVES 4 (serving size: 1 1/4 cups) CALORIES 153; FAT 10.6g (sat 1.4g); SODIUM 234mg Place jelly-roll pan on bottom rack of oven. Preheat to 450°. Toss 1 pound green beans, 1 sliced red bell pepper, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; spread on pan. Bake 8 minutes, stirring after 4 minutes. Pulse 1/2 cup parsley, 1/4 cup unsalted pistachios, 1 tablespoon water, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1 garlic clove in food processor. Toss with bean mixture.
- Ginger-Sesame SERVES 4 (serving size: about 1 cup) CALORIES 104; FAT 6.6g (sat 1g); SODIUM 231mg Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Add 1 pound green beans; cook 7 minutes or until beans begin to brown. Combine 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon tahini, 5 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce, 1 tablespoon water, and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a bowl. Add mixture to pan. Cook 1 minute; toss to coat.
- Stewed Tomatoes and Spices SERVES 4 (serving size: 1 cup) CALORIES 92; FAT 4g (sat 0.6g); SODIUM 253mg Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 1 cup chopped onion and 1 pound green beans; cook 5 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, and 4 sliced garlic cloves. Add 2 cups chopped tomato and 1/3 cup water; cook 9 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note