- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 yellow squash or zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 8-ounce skinless halibut fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, flat-leaf parsley, or thyme) (optional)
- 2 lemons, halved
- calories 295
- protein 40 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fat 9 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 1.9 g
- fiber 7 g
- sugars 6 g
- calories 50.9 %
- calories 22.3 %
- caloriesfromfat 26.8 %
How to Make It
Place a steamer in a large saucepan. Add enough water to reach just below it. Bring to a boil. Add the vegetables, cover, and steam until tender, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cover to keep warm.
If necessary, add more water to the pan. Return to a boil. Season the halibut with the remaining salt and the pepper. Place the halibut on the steamer, cover, and cook until it flakes easily and is the same color throughout, about 7 minutes.
Drizzle the halibut and vegetables with the oil. Sprinkle with the herbs (if using) and serve the lemon halves on the side.