This was very easy and delicious. Served it over pasta.
Steamed Clams with White Wine and Tomatoes
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 17.8g
- Carbohydrate: 27.2g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 17.2mg
- Sodium: 457mg
- Calcium: 98mg
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 48 littleneck clams in shells, scrubbed (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet. Broil 5 inches from heat 2 minutes or until toasted.
- 3. Combine white wine and next 3 ingredients (through tomatoes) in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients (through thyme); sauté 2 minutes. Add wine mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Stir in clams; cover and cook 5 minutes or until clams open. Discard any unopened shells. Top with parsley, and serve with toasted baguette.
- Sustainable Choice: Because they help filter the water in which they live, clams and other bivalves are a good sustainable choice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes