Steamed Clams and Chorizo
Simmer the clams in this flavorful red pepper, chorizo, and white wine sauce for an easy and healthy seafood supper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 259
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 4.9g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 393mg
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces chorizo, casings removed, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Gris
- 4 pounds small clams in shells, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Warm, crusty bread, such as ciabatta
- 1. Heat olive oil in an 8-qt. pot over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add chorizo and garlic; cook, stirring often, until chorizo is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Add wine, 1/2 cup water, and the clams; cover and cook until clams have opened, 6 to 8 minutes. Discard any unopened clams. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with bread.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This