Yield: 3 servings or 6 appetizer servings
- 3 dozen cherrystone clams in shells
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Wash clams thoroughly, discarding any shells that have opened. Place clams in a large Dutch oven, and sprinkle with seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add water; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat, and steam 10 minutes or until shells open wide. Remove clams from Dutch oven; drain, reserving liquid. Strain liquid.
- Serve clams hot in shells with separate containers of clam liquid and melted butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers