Yield: 3 servings or 6 appetizer servings
- 3 dozen cherrystone clams in shells
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Wash clams thoroughly, discarding any shells that have opened. Place clams in a large Dutch oven, and sprinkle with seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add water; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat, and steam 10 minutes or until shells open wide. Remove clams from Dutch oven; drain, reserving liquid. Strain liquid.
- Serve clams hot in shells with separate containers of clam liquid and melted butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note