I read the rave reviews for this dish and thought, "Aw, come on. It can't be that good; it's only carrots." Boy, was I wrong. This is really, really, REALLY delicious. I'm thinking that it also might work well with green beans or asparagus. This is definitely a winner!
Steamed Carrots with Garlic-Ginger Butter
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
Be sure to use true baby carrots with tops. So-called baby carrots sold in bags are often whittled-down mature vegetables; their texture will be too tough for this recipe.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 69
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 10.3g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 257mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound baby carrots with tops, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Prepare garlic; let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Steam carrots, covered, 10 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in carrots, cilantro, and remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Steamed Carrots with Garlic-Ginger Butter Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This