Steamed Brussels Sprouts
Serve these with one of our favorite potato latkes. Visit southernliving.com/november2006 for recipes.
More From Southern Living
- 3 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Remove discolored leaves from sprouts. Cut off stem ends; cut in half lengthwise. Place sprouts in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; add water.
- 2. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 3. Toss Brussels sprouts with oil, lemon rind, and lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables