Steamed Asparagus With Tomato-Basil Dip
Yield: Makes 12 to 15 servings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 4 pounds fresh asparagus
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients. Cover and chill up to 2 days, if desired.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cook in boiling salted water to cover 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Cover and chill, if desired. Serve with dip.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers
Food & Wine