Delicious recipe. I have been requested to make asparagus this way from now on, no exceptions. Very vibrant and colorful. I used a little extra lemon peel. Wonderful side dish.
Steamed Asparagus with Lemon-Garlic Gremolata
Green beans work just as well as asparagus if the latter are no longer in season. Steam and refrigerate the asparagus a day ahead; arrange on a platter with the other ingredients a couple of hours before dinner.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 48
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 4.7g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 151mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Steam asparagus, covered, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge asparagus into ice water; drain. Place asparagus on a large platter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil.
- Combine parsley and the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over asparagus, tossing gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note