I'm always looking for a new way to cook veggies. I cooked this at a family get together and boy was it a hit. everyone wanted the recipe.
Steamed Asparagus with Honey Mustard Dressing
We've found that the best asparagus is neither pencil-thin nor carrot-thick. Buy firm, medium-size stalks to get the most flavor without the excessive woodiness of the largest ones. Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 5 minutes.
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and peeled
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as mint, chives, or parsley), plus more for garnish
- 1. Arrange asparagus in a steamer basket over 1/2 inch water in a wok or saucepan, and steam about 2 minutes or just until bright green. Rinse with cold water until completely cool; drain and chill.
- 2. Combine lemon zest and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl, and stir until smooth. Add sea salt, pepper, and herbs. Chill dressing in an airtight container.
- 3. Arrange asparagus on a platter, and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over asparagus, and garnish with additional herbs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables