This is a great make-ahead appetizer for a summer party. The dip is actually better the next day. I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and a bit of extra lemon. Guest ate every last bite.
Steamed Asparagus and Green Beans With Fresh Lemon-Basil Dip
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Cari South
Yield: Makes about 25 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
- 1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients until blended. Cover and chill.
- 2. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- 3. Cook beans in boiling water to cover 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- 4. Cover and chill vegetables until ready to serve with dip. Garnish dip with fresh basil, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers