- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
Whisk together first 5 ingredients until blended. Cover and chill.
Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Cook beans in boiling water to cover 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Cover and chill vegetables until ready to serve with dip. Garnish dip with fresh basil, if desired.