Ethan loves it!
Community Recipe from
- 1 bunch(es) asparagus
- 1-2 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1. Break the tough ends off the asparagus and rinse thoroughly.
- 2. Place the asparagus in a saute pan. Add water to cover the bottom layer of asparagus. They do not need to be fully covered.
- 3. Add the kosher salt.
- 4. Turn the heat to high. When the water starts to boil, turn the heat to medium. Keep it at a low boil. Cook for about 2 minutes, maybe a little more or less. When a knife can pierce the thickest part of the remaining stem with ease, they are done.
- 5. Immediately pour off the water. Taste and add more salt if necessary. Feel free to add a dash of black pepper or a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. A splash of soy sauce is another alternative.
- Tip: Asparagus is best stored upright in the fridge standing in a 1/2 " of water. It lasts almost a week this way.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Steamed asparagus Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables