Delicious!! I too had to cook the steaks a little longer, about 7 minutes on each side- we like ours a little more done in the middle. I served this with couscous and green beans. It was so easy to make, I definitely recommend!
Steaks with Caramel-Brandy Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 4 (6-ounce) beef tenderloin filets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Garnish: fresh chives
- Sprinkle steaks evenly with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks, and cook 3 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from skillet, and keep warm.
- Add brandy to skillet, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and sugar; cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and browns.
- Remove skillet from heat; whisk in cream until blended. Return to heat, and bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Serve immediately over steaks. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This