Steak with Sautéed Fennel and Olives
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 13 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 6 ounces steak and about 1 cup vegetables)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 360
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 13g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 655mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (1-inch-thick) strip steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 thinly sliced fennel bulbs, plus 1 tablespoon fronds
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (preferably oil-cured)
- 1 jalapeño (preferably red), seeded and thinly sliced
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook steaks for 4–6 minutes per side for medium-rare or to desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- 2. Wipe out skillet, and heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the fennel and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5–6 minutes or until slightly browned and just tender.
- 3. Stir in olives and jalapeño, and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with fennel fronds, and serve alongside the sliced steak.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note