- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (1-inch-thick) strip steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 thinly sliced fennel bulbs, plus 1 tablespoon fronds
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (preferably oil-cured)
- 1 jalapeño (preferably red), seeded and thinly sliced
- calories 360
- fat 22 g
- satfat 5 g
- monofat 13 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 30 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 74 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 655 mg
- calcium 74 mg
How to Make It
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook steaks for 4–6 minutes per side for medium-rare or to desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Wipe out skillet, and heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the fennel and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5–6 minutes or until slightly browned and just tender.
Stir in olives and jalapeño, and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with fennel fronds, and serve alongside the sliced steak.