- 4 8-ounce New York, strip, or sirloin steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 2 parsnips, cut into thin strips
- 2 beets, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- calcium 82.94 mg
- calories 497.22
- caloriesfromfat 42 %
- carbohydrate 19.28 g
- cholesterol 97.97 mg
- fat 23.48 g
- fiber 4.3 g
- iron 3.99 mg
- protein 50.61 mg
- satfat 6.46 g
- sodium 708.51 mg
How to Make It
Season the steaks with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the steaks and cook to the desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
While the steaks rest, wipe out skillet. Heat the remaining oil over medium-low heat. Add the vegetables. Cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Season with the remaining salt and pepper and the tarragon. Serve alongside the steaks.
Tip: To save a few minutes of prep time, slice the vegetables into thin coins instead of cutting them into strips.