Super-easy. Liked the small hit of vinegar on the raw steak (we used petite sirloin instead of flank because it was on sale). Served with steamed cauliflower.
Steak with Cucumber-Radish Salad
Photo: Joseph De Leo; Styling: Thom Driver
If you can't find mâche, use butter lettuce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 3 ounces steak, about 2 cups salad, and 1 tablespoon cheese)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 229
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 27.2g
- Carbohydrate: 3.9g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Calcium: 113mg
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 5/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 (5-ounce) package prewashed mâche (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 3/8 teaspoon salt; rub evenly over surface of steak. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan, and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan, and let stand 5 minutes. Cut the steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- 2. While steak cooks, combine remaining 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, radishes, and cucumber in a large bowl, and toss well to coat. Add mâche; toss gently to combine. Serve the steak with salad. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes