- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed and cut into 1-in. cubes
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 6 ounces whole-wheat French bread, cut or torn into 1-in. pieces
- 1 1/4 pounds heirloom tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- calories 366
- fat 15.6 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- monofat 8.3 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 29 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 74 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 529 mg
- calcium 55 mg
- sugars 5 g
- Est. Added Sugars 1 g
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Place steak on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat steak with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Broil 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Remove steak from pan. Add bread to pan; broil 2 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
Squeeze seeds and juice from tomato halves into a large bowl; chop remaining tomato halves. Add oil, vinegar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to bowl, stirring with a whisk until combined. Add chopped tomato, steak, bread, and basil to bowl; toss. Serve immediately.