Steak Tacos with Charred Salsa
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 4 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1 medium-size onion, cut into eighths
- 7 sweet mini bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large poblano pepper
- 1 pound grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds skirt or flank steak
- 2 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning or your favorite steak rub
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- Toppings: fresh cilantro leaves, crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush first 5 ingredients with 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Cook corn and onions in hot pan, turning occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until charred. Remove from pan. Cook peppers in pan 5 to 6 minutes or until charred. Remove from pan. Cook tomatoes in pan 2 to 3 minutes or until charred.
- 2. Rub steak with steak seasoning, and cook in pan over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan, and let stand 5 minutes. Chop steak.
- 3. Cut corn kernels from cobs, and place in a large bowl. Discard cobs. Chop onion, mini peppers, poblano, and tomatoes. Stir together garlic, next 2 ingredients, remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and chopped vegetables. Serve steak and salsa in tortillas with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This