- 4 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1 medium-size onion, cut into eighths
- 7 sweet mini bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large poblano pepper
- 1 pound grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds skirt or flank steak
- 2 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning or your favorite steak rub
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- Toppings: fresh cilantro leaves, crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
How to Make It
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush first 5 ingredients with 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Cook corn and onions in hot pan, turning occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until charred. Remove from pan. Cook peppers in pan 5 to 6 minutes or until charred. Remove from pan. Cook tomatoes in pan 2 to 3 minutes or until charred.
Rub steak with steak seasoning, and cook in pan over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan, and let stand 5 minutes. Chop steak.
Cut corn kernels from cobs, and place in a large bowl. Discard cobs. Chop onion, mini peppers, poblano, and tomatoes. Stir together garlic, next 2 ingredients, remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and chopped vegetables. Serve steak and salsa in tortillas with desired toppings.