I made this as a warm pasta dish and it was great. I cooked whole wheat penne, added some of the pasta cooking liquid to the mix, and some Parmesan. Delicious. Great recipe to use as a base. Innovate away!
Steak, Sun-Dried Tomato, and Mozzarella Couscous Salad
Gently heating the garlic in olive oil infuses the oil with flavor and cooks the garlic enough to keep the dressing mellow.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 332
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 21.9g
- Carbohydrate: 39.8g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 548mg
- Calcium: 139mg
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil (about 1 ounce)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Basic Grilled Flank Steak (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped drained bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a small nonstick skillet; cook over medium-low heat 2 minutes or just until fragrant. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add couscous and sun-dried tomatoes; reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Spoon couscous into a large bowl. Add Basic Grilled Flank Steak, cubed mozzarella cheese, roasted red bell peppers, and chopped fresh basil; toss well to combine.
- Combine garlic mixture, vinegar, salt, and black pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over couscous mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes