Steak & Spinach Pinwheels
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
Pinwheels are a fun and impressive way to serve steak. Stuffed with spinach, bacon and breadcrumbs, these pinwheels are tender and flavorful.
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 1/4 pounds beef flank steak or top round steak, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bacon, partially cooked
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and pressed dry
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- With a sharp knife, score both pieces of steak in a diamond pattern with cuts one-inch apart. Repeat on other side. Place one piece of steak between 2 lengths of wax paper; pound lightly into a 10-inch by 6-inch rectangle. Repeat with second piece.
- Blend seasoning and salt; sprinkle each steak evenly with half of mixture. Arrange 4 slices of bacon lengthwise on each. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl; spread half of spinach mixture over each steak.
- Starting at a short end, roll up each steak. Place seam-side down on an aluminum foil-lined, lightly greased broiler pan. Broil for 11 to 13 minutes, to desired doneness. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This