Made this yesterday. Cooked it for 7 hours and then got to hungry to wait. It was outstanding. I would rename it pot roast soup since the meat tasted more like pot roast than steak but since we love pot roast it made it even better.
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
More From Southern Living
- 1 (2-pound) package top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- 5 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweet green peas
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- Toss together steak and flour.
- Brown steak in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir together steak, 4 cups water, and remaining ingredients in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, at HIGH 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes