This is a good recipe for the crock pot. I expected something more though. I thought the higher quality meat would make it more special. It didn't. It was a good beef stew recipe but I have a better one. I doubt I'll make this again.
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
More From Southern Living
- 1 (2-pound) package top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- 5 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweet green peas
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- Toss together steak and flour.
- Brown steak in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir together steak, 4 cups water, and remaining ingredients in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, at HIGH 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes