Made this recipe with bison round steak. My husband is on a low salt diet so made with no salt tomato paste, left out the salt and added Mrs. Dash garlic and herb in its place. Turned out great - and he asked for seconds!
This slow cooker steak soup is an easy dish for a cold night.
Yield: Makes 16 cups
More From Southern Living
- 1 (2-pound) package top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- 5 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweet green peas
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- Toss together steak and flour.
- Brown steak in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir together steak, 4 cups water, and remaining ingredients in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, at HIGH 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes