Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) Canned unsweetended Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup(s) fish Sauce nuoc nam or nam pla
- 2 tablespoon(s) palm sugar or placed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 6 whole(s) garlic cloves
- 4 whole(s) red or green thai chiles stemmed
- 2 whole(s) lemongrass stalks, bottom third only, tough outer layers removed
- 1 piece(s) ginger peeled
- 2 pound(s) tri-tip, top sirloin cap steak,or rib eye, fat cam left on
- Puree all ingredients except steak in a blender or a food processor until smooth, Trim strip of fat(sometimes called fat cap) from meat. Cut fat into 1/4"-1/2" cubes; cut meat into approximatley bowl. Add marinade and toss to coat; cover and chill overnight.
- Remove fat and meat from marinade, brushing off excess. Thread onto skewers, altering meat with fat, so that pieces are touching but not pressed tightly together (which would slow down cooking ). Leave at least 1" of space at the ends of skewers for easy turning. Discard marinade save excess fat for basting liquid.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shr99lr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes