My family and I liked this recipe we followed it to a T except we omitted the ginger and used 3 colors of bell peppers yellow orange and red served over brown rice definitely will make this again in the future :)
Steak, Shiitake, and Bok Choy Stir-Fry
Choose quick-cooking flank steaks for a speedy stir-fry dish packed with shiitake mushrooms and bok choy. These ingredients from the Orient combine to give the recipe high-impact flavor. Watch the video: How to Cook Steak, Shiitake, and Bok Choy Stir-Fry.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 270
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 28.6g
- Carbohydrate: 16.9g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 706mg
- Calcium: 244mg
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced onion
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 4 cups sliced bok choy (about 1 medium head)
- 1 cup less-sodium beef broth
- Combine ginger, garlic, soy sauce, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, oil, and crushed red pepper in a large zip-top bag; add steak to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray, and add mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper to pan. Cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; transfer to a large bowl. Add bok choy to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until slightly wilted; add to bowl; keep warm.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add half of steak mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl; keep warm. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add remaining steak mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add to bowl; keep warm.
- Combine broth and remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, stirring with a whisk. Add to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Return steak and vegetables to pan; toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note