Steak, Shiitake, and Bok Choy Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced onion
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 4 cups sliced bok choy (about 1 medium head)
- 1 cup less-sodium beef broth
- calories 270
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 9 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- monofat 3.2 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 28.6 g
- carbohydrate 16.9 g
- fiber 3.4 g
- cholesterol 45 mg
- iron 4.5 mg
- sodium 706 mg
- calcium 244 mg
How to Make It
Combine ginger, garlic, soy sauce, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, oil, and crushed red pepper in a large zip-top bag; add steak to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray, and add mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper to pan. Cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; transfer to a large bowl. Add bok choy to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until slightly wilted; add to bowl; keep warm.
Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add half of steak mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl; keep warm. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add remaining steak mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add to bowl; keep warm.
Combine broth and remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, stirring with a whisk. Add to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Return steak and vegetables to pan; toss gently to coat.